What is prevailing wage?
Contractors employing workers are required to pay the proper prevailing wage rate to all workers performing work on public works projects. The prevailing wage is determined by the California state Department of Industrial Relations (DIR).
- Workers must be paid at or above the prevailing wage
- Prevailing Wage is the minimum wage for the project
- Overtime pay must follow DIR rules
- Workers must be paid for work performed according to DIR classifications
- Fringe benefits must be provided at or above the state requirement as part of the total prevailing wage rate or paid in cash to the worker
Protect your rights! Get a Free Private Consultation today!
Make sure you are being paid the rate you deserve
If you think your employer has not been paying you the proper prevailing wage, protect your rights! Contact Donahoo & Associates, PC today for a confidential discussion and analysis of the correct rate you should be paid.